This week, we’ve been thinking about different types of writing, and how to make the writing more specific. We’ve also looked at some note-taking practices.
Next week, you’ll begin drafting your final writing project. Now is a good time to start writing about it.
In your journal this week, start brainstorming some ideas of what you would like to do as a final project.
- An essay about a social issue that is important to you (academic writing)
The social issue I will be writing about in my final project is “Abortion and Its Consequences” . This is a really important theme to me. I know many lives are being ceased with abortion, and a lot of women suffer after doing it. That is the reason in my essay I will be doing my best to prove scientificaly that every life matters, and that abortion must not be a solution for anybody.
- When does life begin? Search for studies wich prove that life begins at the moment of conception.
- What are the reasons that lead women into choosing to abort? Poverty, abandonment, fear?
- What are some consequences of abortion for the mother? Depression, sterility, guilt?
- Find out ways we can help women to have their babies and take care of them, instead of telling them to abort.
Good afternoon, Anna.
Greetings from your colleage Sarah.
Today we have a very important meeting at the company. Since your office is nicer and more private than mine, I would be very grateful if you could lend it to me for some hours, if possible.
Have a nice day,
Hey Anna! How are you doing?
So… We have an important meeting at the company today! Could you borrow me your office for some hours? You know it´s much better than mine!
Good evening, Anna.
You have been probably very occupied this last days, and I did not receive a reply for the e-mail I sent you asking you a favor. I know we had disagreements in the past, but as business colleages we need to have a good relation. It would be very important to me if ou could lend me your office for this meeting.
This and the next posts are going to be assignments from an online course by “Berkeley University of California”, which asked me to keep a journal. I hope you enjoy them!
- Write a paragraph about what type of writing you typically do.
- In another paragraph, write what you think about writing. Do you enjoy it? Dread it?
- Finally, write another paragraph about what area of writing you need to improve most. Do you want to be a better essay writer? A more creative writer? A good business writer?
The type of writing I typically do in English is messages sent over the internet, usually by WhatsApp or e-mail. Since I have friends from different countries, this is the easyest way for us to communicate. I also use a lot of academic writing, beacause I´m a homeschooler.
I like writing, and I do it with pleasure. It´s an awesome way to express ourselves, keep notes and information we can´t forget.
The area of writing I think I need to improve most is in business, since it can be different in some ways from the academic writing, which I´m most used to.
-Folha de papel (branca, azul…)
-Caneta permanente preta
Oi #homeschoolinglovers! Hoje quero compartilhar com vocês uma plataforma online de estudos que estou achando muito interessante (mas claro, que pra quem já me conhece sabe que continuo tomando cuidado e filtrando conteúdos envolvendo ideologias de esquerda e evolucionismo, por exemplo, rsrsrs).
O “AulaDe” , possui também um canal no YouTube, mas amei a plataforma por apresentar as matérias e conteúdos de uma maneira muito bem organizada.
E o melhor de tudo: é TOTALMENTE GRATUITO!
Caso você tenha interesse, CLIQUE AQUI e aproveite!